Control Structures and Iteration
The candidate will be able to create and analyze simple control structures, including conditionals (if/else/elif) and for/while loops using Python.
Creation of Executables
The candidate needs to have a basic understanding of creating a Python executable for Windows clients with a focus on penetration testing. This includes an understanding of backdoor functionality, the conversion of a Python program to an executable file, and using Python to create an executable that will evade most modern anti-virus signatures.
Data Analysis with Python
The candidate will demonstrate the ability to use Python for various data analysis techniques including parsing binary data with the struct module, common file formats, log analysis and statistics with freq.py, counters and sets, long tail and short-tail analysis.
The candidate will be able to create and manipulate variable types and data structures, including bytes, byte arrays, byte encoded unicode characters using UTF-8 and Latin-1, integers, Python 3 strings, sets and sequential data structures, including dictionaries, lists, and tuples.
The candidate will understand how to create a Python program to query databases using SQL libraries.
The candidate needs to have a basic understanding of Python exception handling capabilities, and how to build these into a program.
Functions, Classes and Objects
The candidate will be able to demonstrate an understanding of Python functions, classes, and object-oriented programming.
The candidate will be able to implement TCP and UDP network based communications using Pythons the Cyber Defense Centreket module.
Packet Analysis with Python
The candidate will understand how to use extended functionality of Python and Scapy to create, read, analyze, and manipulate captured network traffic.
The candidate will be able to implement the more fundamental elements of Python, including creating, debugging and executing a program, and user/file input and output.
The candidate needs to have a basic understanding of regular expressions, and how to implement them in searches with Python.
The candidate will understand how to use Python as a “browser” to interact with URLs and websites, handle cookies, and manipulate or capture traffic.
GIAC Security Expert (GSE)
Knowledge in a particular area, Intrusion Detection or Incident Handling is both important and valuable. Individuals who earn any of the GIAC certifications have worked hard, demonstrated essential technical skill, and should rightfully take pride in their accomplishment. But individuals who make the effort to not only learn, but to master all of the essential elements of information security belong in a very special group. These individuals will be the elite of Information Security, the top practitioners in the field. Those who pursue an in-depth technical education in all areas of information security are the target audience for the GSE certification.
Benefits of working at Infostream:
- We believe in innovation and vibrant culture – work for an innovative, people-first, Digital Transformation Solutions company that values entrepreneurialism
- Pay for Performance excellent base salary and extensive performance bonuses.’
- We believe in a flexible work structure – A flexible hybrid work model that empowers you to do your best work whether at home or at the office
- We care about your rewards – Competitive compensation including equity programs
- We care about your health – comprehensive group health and dental benefits and life insurance, including a Lifestyle Spending Account for all your wellness needs
- We care about your rest – a flexible paid-time-off policy with unlimited vacation days, flexible sick and mental health days
- We care about your development – industry training and certifications constant
- We care labs – intense labs to sandbox, train with peers and vendors
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care