As a member of INFOSTREAM ONE team you will use your leadership skills and knowledge of cloud computing to design solutions for a variety of customers across Canada and the US. You will use your enthusiasm, technical/business depth, and excellent presentation skills to help decision makers make the best choices, and mentor and guide other members of the team.
You may come from a development or infrastructure background, but have experience with software development and development tools as well as broad experience with both on premise infrastructure and in the cloud.
You have a vision of the automated future for your clients leveraging cutting edge technology. You work well with senior executives, have a hunger for new technology that knows no bounds, learning and improving tech skills voraciously, and are constantly experimenting with new technologies and in new domains.
- Provide expertise and leadership regarding Cloud Architecture for both infrastructure and applications in Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud.
- Establish relationships with client contacts, as well as internal groups, and in some cases third parties, to analyze requirements and agree on outcomes.
- Translate requirements into enterprise cloud solutions and associated business cases for both internal and external clients.
- Produce and document architectures that can be efficiently implemented and supported, and own your solutions over their entire lifecycle.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to decision makers throughout Canada by helping them achieve their business goals through technology.
- Work with partners and internal business development teams to grow CGI accounts and win new business.
- Serve as a senior technical escalation point for critical issues and assist with resolution of problems.
- Adopt, implement and evangelize cloud, and modern approaches to delivery (ie, Agile and DevOps methodologies).
- A degree in Computer Science or 10 years equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 5 years + of hands-on experience in software development or infrastructure engineering or operations, or any combination thereof.
- A minimum of 5 years + of experience as an architect (any combination of cloud architect, enterprise architect, client architect, solutions architect, or technical architect).
- Experience in all aspects of cloud computing (e.g. network, compute, storage, platforms, big data, security, etc.), as well as with the cloud market and competitive dynamics – certifications in cloud architecture (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud) are preferred, but will not be considered in lieu of experience.
- Experience with on premise networking, storage (SAN and NAS) and backup technologies, physical server hardware, and related monitoring solutions and techniques preferred.
- Experience in software development in one or more languages (C++, C#, Java, or similar), at least one scripting language (PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.), as well as overall software design.
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform, ARM Templates, Cloud Formations, or similar.
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies such as version control tools (Subversion, Git, or similar), CI / CD tools (Azure DevOps, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, Jenkins, GitLab Runner, Bamboo, or similar), object storage / artifact management tools (AWS S3, AWS CodeArtifact, Azure Blob Store, Azure File Service, Artifactory, Nexus, or similar), and configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Salt, or similar).
- Understanding of and experience with open source server software.
- Experience in the business technology market and expertise in working closely with sales and marketing teams in cloud computing or related technical fields.
- Familiarity with standard IT governance and security practices (such as identity management, encryption, certificate and key management, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, etc.), and related standards (such as ITIL, CIS, ISO 27001, etc.)
Reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process will be provided. We will work with you to address your needs.
Benefits of working at Infostream:
- We believe in innovation and vibrant culture – work for an innovative, people-first, Digital Transformation Solutions company that values entrepreneurialism
- Pay for Performance excellent base salary and extensive performance bonuses.’
- We believe in a flexible work structure – A flexible hybrid work model that empowers you to do your best work whether at home or at the office
- We care about your rewards – Competitive compensation including equity programs
- We care about your health – comprehensive group health and dental benefits and life insurance, including a Lifestyle Spending Account for all your wellness needs
- We care about your rest – a flexible paid-time-off policy with unlimited vacation days, flexible sick and mental health days
- We care about your development – industry training and certifications constant
- We care labs – intense labs to sandbox, train with peers and vendors
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care