INFOSTREAM is seeking a hands-on Managing Consultant for the Datacenter practice. The ideal candidate is a thought leader for next generation data center solutions, as well as understanding how newer technologies such as cloud and automation are influencing the technical landscape.
The Managing Consultant role will include performing detailed designs, technical project oversight, QA, and implementation of complex data center solutions provided to our clients. Candidates must be well versed in storage and replication, backup, virtualization, converged, and hyper-converged solutions. The candidate will be expected to troubleshoot these environments and technologies when required and solve issues involving escalations from team members and customers. This position also requires strong verbal and written communication skills. The Managing Consultant is expected to keep INFOSTREAM best practice documentation up to date as technology changes and new methods are developed to implement the solutions we deliver.
The role will require overseeing a team of engineers, ensuring that both INFOSTREAM and vendor best practices are adhered to, and providing a superb customer experience. The candidate will also work closely with pre-sales to ensure that what we position to our customers is adequately scoped to ensure a successful delivery.
- Lead complex, large-scale data center implementation projects, including the technologies mentioned above.
- Plan, Design, and Implement to ensure low-risk, trouble-free technology migrations and implementations.
- Perform Assessments, including Architecture, Design, and Engineering / Configuration Assessments.
- Technical troubleshooting and trouble resolution of complex issues and assisting team members in solving problems with their deployments.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Develop team members with new and strategic technologies, and create an environment that inspires them to learn and advance
- Work closely with pre-sales in the review of engagements.
- Assure the highest standard of architecting, designing and deploying solutions.
- Work closely with project management to ensure engagements finish on time and within scope
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Five years’ experience with team leadership or management of a technical team or equivalent
- Ten years’ of hands-on experience with computing, storage, virtualization and data protection technologies, including converged, traditional and hyper-converged architectures.
- Although INFOSTREAM’s product suite is extensive, the candidates are not expected to have skills with all products. However, ideal the idea candidate should be an expert in one or more of the following;
- Storage Technologies: Pure, Dell/EMC, NetApp, VMware VSAN, Fiber Channel, ISCSI, FC, CIFS & NFS, Cisco MDS Fiber
- Compute Platforms: Cisco UCS B & C Series, Rackmount servers including HP DL & Dell R Series.
- Virtualization Technologies: VMware ESXI, Hyper-V, AHV Channel Zoning, Brocade B Series Setup and Configuration
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure
- Replication technologies Zerto, vSphere SRM
- EMC VMAX, Powermax
- Hyperconverged Platforms: Nutanix, Hyperflex, VxRail
- Python, PowerShell, Ansible and deployment Automation Skills using REST APIs
- Backup and recovery experience with the following Platforms, Rubrik, Cohesity, Avamar, Data domain
Benefits of working at Infostream:
- We believe in innovation and vibrant culture – work for an innovative, people-first, Digital Transformation Solutions company that values entrepreneurialism
- Pay for Performance excellent base salary and extensive performance bonuses.’
- We believe in a flexible work structure – A flexible hybrid work model that empowers you to do your best work, whether at home or the office
- We care about your rewards – Competitive compensation, including equity programs
- We care about your health – comprehensive group health and dental benefits and life insurance, including a Lifestyle Spending Account for all your wellness needs
- We care about your rest – a flexible paid-time-off policy with unlimited vacation days, flexible sick and mental health days
- We care about your development – industry training and certifications constant
- We care labs – intense labs to sandbox, train with peers and vendors
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care